Conditions and procedure
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French in Québec or outside Québec

Conditions and procedure


The content of this page is not up-to-date.

A new regulation respecting immigration to Québec entered into force on August 2, 2018.

For the time being, only the French versions of the Web pages and forms are up-to-date. Please refer to them while waiting for the content update in English. You can also consult the Québec Immigration Act in the Gazette officielle du Québec.

Thank you for your understanding.


When to submit an application

As a skilled temporary foreign worker staying in Québec, you must wait until you have completed at least twelve months of full-time skilled employment, that is, at the management, professional or technical level (levels O, A or B under the National Occupational Classification) before submitting your application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate) under the PEQ.

These 12 months of work must have been completed over the 24 months preceding your application. The employment can have been with one or several employers, continuously or not. However, a job occupied as a self-employed worker or for a company that you own, in whole or in part, is not considered under the Programme de l’expérience québécoise.

In addition, at the time you submit your application, you must also hold a paid full-time skilled job in Québec.

  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2018-08-01
Portail du gouvernement du Québec