Procedure followed by your employer – In-home caregiver
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French

Procedure followed by your employer – In-home caregiver

This section pertains to low-wage positions offered to in-home caregivers. These positions appear in the list of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) for 2011, under one of the following codes:

  • Code 4411 of the NOC - Home child care providers (e.g. babysitters/nannies and parents’ helpers
  • Code 4412 of the NOC Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations
  • Code 3233 of the NOC Licensed practical nurses
  • Code 3413 of the NOC Nurse aids, orderlies and patient service associates



  • If the documents are written in a language other than French or English, they must be translated by a translator who is officially recognized in your country of residence. These documents must carry the translator’s seal and signature.
  • Please read the document Labour standards in Québec and domestics residing with their employer (PDF, 444 Kb) to find out about the provisions of Québec law that apply to you.


The employer must carry out certain procedure with the governments of Québec and Canada.

Procedure with the Government of Canada

Your employer must send to the Service Canada Processing Centre all the forms and documents required by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).

Procedure with the Government of Québec

Your employer must send the following documents to the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration:


Note: Both signatures (employer and employee) must appear on all pages of the contract.

Your employer must assemble all of these documents and send them to the Direction de l'enregistrement et de l'évaluation comparative.

If the Ministère accepts your application for a Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ - Québec Acceptance Certificate), it will send two copies of your CAQ to your employer or mandatary.

You must then submit your application for a work permit to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that serves your country of residence.

You must enclose with your application for a work permit the documents your employer has sent you, specifically: a copy of the letter confirming acceptance of the job offer and two copies of your CAQ.

For more information on this subject, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2019-09-05
Portail du gouvernement du Québec