Renewing the authorizations to work temporarily
You are here: Home – Immigrating to Québec > Immigrate and settle in Québec > Temporary workers > Renewing the authorizations to work temporarily
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French

Renewing the authorizations to work temporarily in Québec

Has your employer extended or renewed your work contract? Do you have a new employer? If so, you must renew your authorizations to work in Québec.

This requirement does not apply to live-in caregivers. Specific procedures apply to them:

Live-in caregiver already in Québec – Extending your stay with the same employer

Live-in caregiver already in Québec – Changing employers


Your employer will also have to take certain steps. For more information, see the section Recrutement international – Prolonger ou renouveler une offre d’emploi chez le même employeur ou changer d’employeur (Recruiting internationally – Extending or renewing an employment contract with the same employer or changing employer).  


People in the skilled worker class who hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), who live in Québec, who have a job offer from an employer and who have a valid work permit at the time of their application do not have to obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) before applying for a temporary work permit. The employer is therefore exempt from the obligation to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada and the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration. For more information on this, consult the section After Obtaining the CSQ.


  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2019-09-05
Portail du gouvernement du Québec