Official site of the Government of Québec
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French in Québec or outside Québec


To obtain a CAQ for studies, you must:

  • Pay the fee charged to process your application
  • Be accepted by a Québec educational institution
  • Agree to comply with all of the conditions for issuing a CAQ for studies, such as:
    • receiving instruction for the program or level of study indicated in your application of a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec,
    • making studies your principal activity and maintaining, for the duration of your stay, health and hospitalization insurance for you and the members of your family accompanying you
  • Possess sufficient financial resources to cover:
    • Tuition fees
    • Transportation costs(return ticket to your country of origin)
    • Settling-in expenses for the first year (C$500)
    • Living expenses for the duration of your stay
    • Costs of health and hospitalization insurance (unless you can demonstrate that you have valid health and hospitalization insurance in Québec or you are covered under a social security agreement).


A child under the age of 17 not accompanied to Québec by his or her parents (father or mother) or legal guardian must be under the guardianship of an adult in Québec (permanent resident or Canadian citizen).  


  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2017-08-09
Portail du gouvernement du Québec