Minor children (under age 18)
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French

Minor children (under age 18)

Minor children accompanied or unaccompanied by their parents

Minor children who are already in Québec and accompanying a person having parental authority who is residing in Québec as a temporary foreign worker, a foreign student or in order to receive medical treatment, are exempt from the obligation to obtain the Minister’s consent to stay in Québec to pursue primary or secondary studies on the territory. However, they must obtain this consent if they wish to pursue postsecondary studies.

Minor children who are either unaccompanied or accompanied by visiting parents must renew their CAQ for studies, regardless of their level of studies.

In addition to the other required documents for renewing a CAQ, their CAQ application must include the following documents:

  • a photocopy of their birth certificate bearing their parents’ names;
  • a photocopy of an identity document for each parent bearing their signature (passport, national ID card);
  • a recent original copy of the Declaration of parental authority (Dynamic PDF, 428 Kb), signed by both parents;
  • a recent original copy of the Declaration of guardianship for a minor child (Dynamic PDF, 424 Kb) signed by the person who has guardianship of the child in Québec.
  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2018-11-30
Portail du gouvernement du Québec