Steps and average processing times for an online application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec
Three main steps required to process your application submitted before December 31, 2015
- Verification of documents submitted: The Ministère verifies if your application is complete, that is, if you have submitted all of the necessary documents in the required format. To find out about format requirements and the translation of the documents you must submit, see the page Document requirements and the List of authorities recognized for certifying documents. If your application is complete, a preliminary review will be conducted without any further notice. If your file is incomplete, it will be rejected and you will be informed.
- Preliminary review: If your application is complete, the Ministère conducts a preliminary review of your application and informs you of the results and any additional steps that may be necessary.
- Selection review: The Ministère completes the review of your application and renders a decision. In some cases, this review may require an interview with an official from the Ministère. If this is the case, you will receive a notice of appointment from the Ministère.
Missions for selection interviews for skilled workers are held overseas on a regular basis. Consult the Schedule of selection missions, which is updated regularly.
Average processing times
By selecting the country or territory where you legally reside (meaning the one you have stated on your application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec), you will access a table indicating the date that the applications that are currently being verified have been filed, in step 1.
After verification of documents (step 1), the average time required to complete the processing of a file is: 12 months.
Processing times vary according to the following factors:
- Selection objectives by geographic pool and immigration category
- Volume of applications
- International context
- Conformity of the documents submitted
- The time it takes for you to respond to any request by the Ministère
- Waiting for proof of your French proficiency
- A notice of appointment for a selection interview