Applying for permanent residence
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French

Applying for permanent residence

You do not have to wait until you obtain your Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) to apply for permanent residence. Your application must be submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The application covers the members of your family who are in Québec or abroad.

The Government of Canada charges a fee to process applications for permanent residence.


  • If the members of your family (spouse and/or children) are still abroad and you plan to bring them to Québec, be sure to include them on your application for permanent residence.
  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2018-08-31
Portail du gouvernement du Québec