List of documents to be included – Group of two to five persons
Official site of the Government of Québec
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French in Québec or outside Québec

List of documents to be included – Group of two to five persons

You must return all forms and required documentation in an envelope with sufficient postage affixed. The documents that you send us will not be returned. We recommend that you submit copies, except where originals are required.

A. Documents required of the sponsor

Documents required of each member of the group


If you are a salaried employee:

  • The original of a letter from each of your current employers
    The letter must state the number of hours you work per week, your starting date, your expected job termination date, where applicable, your gross annual salary, and your cumulative gross earnings in the current calendar year.
  • For each job you now hold, a copy of the stubs from your last two paycheques.
  • A copy of all records of employment issued in the past 12 months for employment insurance purposes, indicating termination of employment or a layoff, if applicable.

Additional documents to provide if your employment income is insufficient

  • A copy of any official document with your name on it indicating other sources of income, such as a pension, permanent government benefits, etc.
  • A copy of your latest account statement (investments, RRSP, TFSA) or the original of a letter from a financial institution stating the opening date, and balance of your accounts, term deposits, RRSP, etc.
  • A copy of proof of holding bonds and the applicable interest rates
  • If you own real estate, a copy of your latest municipal property tax account statement, indicating the standardized value of your property
  • A document confirming the balance of your mortgage:
    • the original of a letter from your financial institution confirming the balance of your mortgage
    • a copy of a recent statement of account of your mortgage specifying the addresss of your property and the balance of your mortgage
    • a certificate issued by the Registre foncier du Québec confirming that the property is mortgage-free

B. Documents required of the sponsored persons 

  • The Application for Permanent Residence in Canada forms from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
  • A photocopy of a document recognizing the sponsored person’s refugee status, issued by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (HCR) or a foreign State (if available)
    • The original of this document can be presented by the sponsored person during the interview at the Canadian Visa Office.
    • The HCR Asylum Seeker Certificate and the HCR registration card are not considered valid proof.



The Ministère may verify directly or by means of a third party the accuracy of the information provided in your application.

The Ministère may reject an application that contains false or misleading information or documents and may refuse to consider an undertaking application from someone who has provided false or misleading information or documents within the past two years. The Ministère may also take legal proceedings against a sponsor if he or she provides false or misleading information.



  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2018-07-17
Portail du gouvernement du Québec