Teaching profession
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French

Teaching profession

Preschool, elementary and secondary school teachers—general and vocational education —practise an occupation regulated by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur (MEES).

To teach in a preschool, elementary or secondary school, teachers must hold a teaching licence issued by the MEES. This licence ensures the qualifications of teaching staff.

No teaching licence is required to teach in college and university institutions. Each post-secondary educational institution hires its own teaching staff and evaluates teaching qualifications according to its own rules.

For more information, see our information sheets:


Useful links

  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2018-11-19
Portail du gouvernement du Québec