Necessary formalities
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French

Completing the necessary formalities

Have the following documents on hand when you arrive at the airport or a border crossing:

  • your passport
  • your study permit (or the letter of authorization issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)
  • your temporary resident visa (where applicable)
  • your CAQ for studies
  • your health certificate (if you had to pass a medical examination to obtain your study permit)
  • the letter of admission from the educational institution you will attend.

If you have a letter of authorization to study from a Canadian representative abroad, this letter will be validated by the Canadian immigration authorities.

You will also have to provide the customs inspectors with a list of personal effects that you are bringing with you or have sent, where applicable. See the section on the list of personal effects (Step 4- Preparing yourself before departure for Québec)

If you arrive at Montréal’s Pierre-Eliot-Trudeau International Airport, you can ask an Immigration Québec officer for general information.

  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2016-11-10
Portail du gouvernement du Québec