Where and when to submit a permanent residence application
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French

Where and when to submit a permanent residence application

After obtaining your Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate), you must file a permanent residence application as a skilled worker selected by Québec to the Centralized Intake Office in Canada, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

The government of Canada decides whether or not to grant permanent resident status.

The government of Canada is responsible for statutory matters (medical examinations and security checks).

If you obtain a permanent resident visa while you are legally staying in Canada, you must present it to a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office or at an entry point into Canada (border post or airport) to have it stamped. The stamp date becomes the official date on which you obtain your permanent resident status in Canada.

For more information, visit the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2018-03-01
Portail du gouvernement du Québec