List of exemptions
Official site of the Government of Québec
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French in Québec or outside Québec

List of exemptions

Are not required to obtain a CAQ:

  • students who wish to enrol in a program or course lasting six months or less
  • recipients of Commonwealth scholarship or a full bursary (covering all expenses) from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), including Francophonie scholarships
  • participants in a Canadian aid program for developing countries
  • the spouse and dependent children of diplomats, consular officers or international representatives or officials staying in Québec
  • minor children (under age 18):
    • of preschool age (age 4 to 5)
    • at the primary or secondary level, already in Québec in the company of either parent who holds a work or study permit
  • a minor child seeking asylum or recognized as a refugee or a person in need of protection in Canada, or the child of an asylum seeker or recognized refugee or person needing protection in Canada
  • holders of a valid Certificat de Sélection du Québec (CSQ- Québec Selection Certificate) and whose permanent residence application is processed in Canada, in particular persons who are recognized refugees, persons who belong to the class of spouse in Canada and persons authorized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to have their application processed in Canada for humanitarian considerations.
  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2016-03-11
Portail du gouvernement du Québec