To obtain a CAQ for studies, you must demonstrate that you have the necessary
resources to cover tuition fees, transportation expenses (return ticket to your
country of origin), settling-in expenses in the first year (C$500), and annual
living expenses for the duration of your stay.
are estimated at:
|For one person under age 18
|For one person age 18 or older
|For two persons age 18 or older
|For one person over age 18 and one under age 18
|For two persons over age 18 and one under age 18
|For two persons over age 18 and two under age 18
These fees are indexed every year on January 1st and do not include tuition
The financial capacity you need to demonstrate must include the cost of health and hospitalization insurance for you and the members of your family accompanying you. This does not apply to persons who are covered by a reciprocity agreement on healthcare with Québec, namely:
- insured individuals from Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal or Sweden and their dependents;
- insured individuals of French nationality and their dependents;
- insured individuals from Greece.
All of these individuals, with the exception of those from Finland or Sweden, must be registered as full-time students in Québec, in a CEGEP- or university-level program leading to a recognized diploma.
These individuals are covered by the Québec health and hospitalization insurance plan and are not required to pay a premium if they provide insurance certificates or or other required proof.
Proof of financial capacity
Originals or copies of the documents requested below must be enclosed with
your CAQ application, depending on your situation:
- recent proof of funds transfer or any other item indicating your assets and
sources of income
- recent authorization for funds transfer from the currency exchange control office
of your country of origin or residence (if your country limits fund transfers)
- recent official confirmation of the award of scholarships or bursaries indicating
monthly and annual amounts to be received
- recent pay slips, bank
letter(s) (in French - PDF, 32 Kb) indicating current balance,
- the most recent income tax notice of assessment, specifying annual income
- bank statement for the last three months with current balance indicating the name of the account holder
- bank letter indicating current balance or up-to-date bank book and proof of ownership of the book.
The documents you enclose must allow determination of the financial resources
you have available to study in Québec.
N.B.: If you are age 18 or
over and the expenses related to your stay in Québec in order to
study are undertaken by another person (your father, mother or a third
party), you must enclose the following documents:
- the original or a copy of the duly signed Declaration of financial support (PDF, 48 Kb) (model provided
or blank sheet of paper)
- the originals or copies of detailed proof of this person’s financial
capacity (employment letter indicating this person’s salary, pay
slips, income tax return, bank
letter(s) (PDF, 23 Kb) indicating account
For minor children (under age 18) who are staying in Québec to study,
refer to the section minor