The advantages of choosing to study in Québec
Here are some of the advantages of choosing to study in Québec:
- Québec diplomas are recognized internationally. Québec
ensures the quality of the programs offered in each of the public institutions
of its educational system (through, among other things, legislation, the
use of external assessment bodies and by securing the agreement of professional
orders). Only universities and university-affiliated schools and institutes
are authorized to offer university programs.
- You have a vast range of French and English programs of study to choose
from, depending on the institution selected.
- Tuition fees applicable to foreign students in Québec compare
favourably to those in other industrialized countries. The cost of
living is also among the lowest in Canada.
- Québec’s institutions of higher learning, irrespective of
their size and location, are all equipped with ultramodern facilities (high-tech
labs, computer labs, sports facilities, auditoriums, etc.) regardless of
their size or location.
- Studying in Québec also, and uniquely, means experiencing North
America in French. At the crossroads of Latin and Anglo-Saxon cultures, and
enriched by the contributions of a multiethnic immigration, Québec
offers a stimulating living environment with the added benefit of being
- Finally, Québec, a territory three times the size of France, is
synonymous with wide open spaces. In addition to its myriad lakes and rivers,
a huge boreal forest, a fjord and a majestic seaway, it has a multitude of
national parks whose features change with the four seasons.
To learn more
Why choose Québec section. (Since this section is intended
for future permanent residents of Québec, it may contain information
that does not apply to foreign students.)