Official immigration application
Following a decision by the governmentdecision published in the Gazette officielle du Québec on March 27, 2013, the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles is renewing its rules relating to the intake of applications according to immigration class.
To find out if you can submit an application for a selection certificate, consult the page Intake of applications.
Please note that the Ministère is applying new rules for the intake of applications for the Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). From now on, several verifications will have to be done before a file can be opened. In this context, the Ministère has suspended its 30-day commitment to send a letter confirming that a new file has been opened.
If your file meets the conditions for submitting an application, a letter confirming that your file has been opened will be sent to you within 4 to 6 months.
To submit an official immigration application, you must fill out:
- Before submitting your application, make sure:
- you have duly completed, signed and dated your forms;
- you have provided your contact information;
- you have included in the envelope all required documents and payment of the necessary fees;
- you have clearly indicated on the envelope and on the documents transmitted the department to which you are sending your application.
- The application must include the forms, duly completed and signed, all necessary documents, and payment of the required fees (in Canadian currency only). From now on, this requirement will be strictly applied. If the application is incomplete, it will be returned to the applicant by regular mail without being processed.
- The application must be mailed to one of our Immigration-Québec
office abroad that covers your territory.
- Processing times vary depending on the country, the number of applications and the staff available to process them.
- To request a change to your application for a selection certificate or that of your spouse, complete the Change to an application for a selection certificate (Dynamic PDF, 82 Kb) form and return it to us along with the necessary documents within 30 days after the change.
Before making an official immigration application (Application
for a Selection Certificate) which involves non-refundable processing
fees, we recommend that you first evaluate online your
chances of being selected by Québec. The response is immediate
If you cannot download the forms, contact the Immigration-Québec
office abroad for your country to obtain them. Do not forget to specify if your spouse or dependent children age 18 or over will be accompanying you as well as the trade or profession you plan to practise in Québec.
If we do not receive the form duly completed and signed, the necessary documents (appendices, declarations, etc.) and full payment (in Canadian currency only) of the required fees, your application will be returned to you by regular mail without being processed. From now on, this rule will be strictly applied.
If additional documents are required in order to review your file, you will be given 60 days to submit them. This time limit
is calculated from the date of the acknowledgement of receipt sent to
you and indicating
which documents are missing. If the office processing your application
has not received all the documents within the set time limit, your application
will be refused.
To find out more, refer to Understanding
the selection process.