Application for Permanent Residence in Canada
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French

Application for Permanent Residence in Canada


  • The sponsor (organization or group of two to five people) sends only the undertaking application (sponsorship application) to Direction de l’immigration familiale et humanitaire (DIFH).
  • Forms and documents required by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for the sponsored refugee do not have to be sent to DIFH.
  • When the undertaking application (sponsorship application) is accepted, DIFH sends the sponsor a letter of acceptance of the undertaking, accompanied by a transmittal slip.
  • Upon receipt of this acceptance letter, the sponsor sends the application for permanent residence of the sponsored refugee and their family members, if any, and the transmittal slip to IRCC’s Ottawa Resettlement Operations Centre (COR-O), to one of the following addresses:
    • By mail
      Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
      Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O)
      Québec Claims Unit
      365 Laurier Avenue West
      365 Laurier Avenue West
      Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
    • By email:

Download the application kit for permanent residence from the Applying as a Convention Refugee or as a Humanitarian-Protected Person Abroad page on the IRCC website. This package includes the IMM 6000 Instruction Guide, the IMM 0008 application form, schedules A and 2 and the authorization to provide information.

Be sure to include with your application photos of the sponsored refugees and any other required documents.

  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2018-09-18
Portail du gouvernement du Québec