Self-Employed Worker Program
Be sure to consult the immigration rules and procedures. entered into effect on April 1, 2015. Before submitting your application, it is important to read the information regarding the application intake periods for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.
Modifications have been made to the List of areas of training; they entered into effect on January 26, 2015.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- come to Québec to create your own job by practicing a profession
or trade on your own account.
- have net assets of at least C$100,000 that have been legally obtained
with, where applicable, your married or common-law spouse provided he or
she is accompanying you
- have at least two years of experience as a self-employed worker in the
profession or trade you plan to practise in Québec.
Assessment of your application will also take into account other factors, such
- your age and the age of your spouse, where applicable
- the nature and duration of your respective professional training
- your language skills
- your personal qualities and your knowledge of Québec.
- Before making an official immigration application (CSQ), which requires
the payment of non-refundable processing fees, you can evaluate
online your chances of being selected by Québec. You will
receive an immediate response free of charge!
- However, applicants who intend to practise a regulated trade or profession
in Québec as self-employed workers run the risk of having their
application refused unless they have received a preliminary evaluation
of their qualifications from the appropriate regulatory body. It should
be further noted that only some regulatory bodies issue this type of
attestation and it is incumbent upon the applicant to initiate the necessary
- If you are a self-employed worker and you do not satisfy the conditions
of the Self-Employed Worker Program, find out whether you qualify for
the Immigration Program for skilled workers. Section
Permanent worker - Requirements of the Immigration Program for skilled