Financial aid
Official site of the Government of Québec
Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French in Québec or abroad

Financial aid (part-time courses and specialized courses)

When you are taking part-time courses or specialized courses, you may receive financial assistance that contributes to reimbursement of child care expenses for your child.

In order to be eligible for this financial assistance, the person who takes care of your child cannot be your spouse.

Financial assistance cannot be granted to two spouses registered for a French course from the Ministère for the care of the same dependent children.

Persons who are not entitled to financial aid:

  • Immigrants in the following categories: asylum seekers and temporary residents. 
  • Persons who are participating in francization activities other than regular or specialized part-time courses, such as:
    • online French courses;
    • distance education, training within a company or in another organization in the workplace environment;
    • immersion internships;
    • francization supporting activities that are not connected with a course.


The amount of financial assistance for part-time training and specialized training is set at $7 per child per day of training. To request financial aid, you must fill out the form below and send it to the management of your course location:

If you have a spouse, you must also complete and submit the following document:


INFORMATION: Contact the Customer contact centre.

  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2017-10-11
Portail du gouvernement du Québec