Printable version
Immigrate and settle in QuébecWorking in QuébecLiving in QuébecWhere to settle?Learning French in Québec or outside Québec

Conditions of eligibility to allowances

The participation allowance is granted under the Linguistic Integration Program for immigrants.

Students are not eligible for participation allowance in any of the following situations:

  • He or she, the spouse or the person who provides his or her subsistence is receiving social assistance or solidarity benefits (under the Act respecting income support, employment assistance and social solidarity [CQLR, S-32.001];
  • He or she is receiving employment insurance benefits;
  • He or she is receiving benefits under the Québec Parental Insurance Plan.

Travel, transportation and child care allowances

All persons who are taking full-time French courses under the Linguistic Integration Program for immigrants, even those who are not eligible for participation allowance, may receive travel, transportation or child care allowances.

Persons admitted to full-time training may receive child care allowance if they are providing care to a child or a disabled person. If they live with a spouse, they must prove that the spouse is unable to take care of these persons for one of the following reasons:

  • work,
  • studies,
  • illness,
  • disability.



  Haut de page
Policy on privacy | Médias sociaux | Déclaration de services à la clientèle | Accès à l'information | Accessibility
Last modification : 2018-08-03
Portail du gouvernement du Québec