Learning French online
A FREE service!
The online francization service (FEL) allows you to learn French at your own pace according to various learning formats, whether you’re abroad or already in Québec to work or study.
Who can access this service?
- People who have held a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) for at least two months and are still abroad (required age of 16 or older)
- People who hold a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) and are already residing in Québec to work or study (required age of 18 years or older)
- People who reside in Québec with the required immigration status
People who have attained a maximum of 1800 hours of French classes offered by the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion are not admissible.
Choice of two training formats
Holders of a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec for work or studies only have access to the self-training format.
- Standard format: intermediate and advanced courses, with a tutor.
- Virtual classrooms
- Written and oral communication
- Self-training exercises
- Self-training format (without a tutor and with self-training exercises): intermediate course and French learning modules in the following specialized fields:
- administration, law and business
- engineering, applied sciences
- healthcare, nursing
To access the service and submit an application, go to:
You must have access to a computer, ideally with a high-speed Internet connection.
- Click on Demande d’admission (application form).
- Click on Technical test to determine, in just one minute, if your equipment will allow you to take the course.
- Complete all of the sections on the form.
Make sure to enter your individual reference number or your personal identifier on the form. Your individual reference number is located in the upper right corner of your Certificat d'acceptation du Québec; it begins with one or two letters.
To take these courses, you need access to a computer with an Internet connection, preferably high speed.